Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Easy 5 Ingredient Alfredo Sauce

One thing you need to know about me is that I'm not afraid of fat.  Well, I'm not afraid of fat in good things, like cream and butter,  but I AM afraid of fat from mutilated vegetables, like mono/poly-unsaturated fat, hydrogenated oils, etc.  YUCK.  Study them, man...  They can do gnarly stuff to the body.  I'm not saying I don't eat it, I'm just saying I avoid it as often as possible.  ANYWAY, this recipe probably has tons of fat (the good kind) but I don't really know how to count that or whatever.  Just eat it.  It's yummy. 

This recipe is very simple and tasty.  Take a looksie!


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
  • 2 cups (One Pint) of Heavy (whipping) Cream
  • 1 clove fresh minced Garlic-- I always use the pre-minced bottled stuff.  It's so convenient!
  • 2 TBSP. Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano (aka. REAL Parmesan Cheese.  Don't use that gross stuff in the shake-out green bottles...  Please.) 

1.  Bring the Butter, Cream, Garlic and Cream Cheese to a boil in a sauce pan.  Stir this constantly, because dairy tends to scald/burn quickly.

Don't add the cheese yet...  It's patiently waiting

 2.  Once it comes to a full boil, turn the heat to low and let it simmer, CONSTANTLY STIRRING, not only to prevent burning, but to also prevent curdling.  Do this for two minutes.

3.  After two minutes, add the Parm and stir until it's melted in.  If you want it thicker than it is, let it simmer on very low heat, stirring very often until it's reaches desired thickness.

That's it!  Now, just pour it over cooked noodles (fettuccine, of course!) and add salt & pepper to taste.  My favorite way to eat it is over pasta with breaded chicken.  I just cut small pieces of boneless chicken breast, breaded them in Italian-style Panko, "fried" them in Olive Oil and voila!  C'est magnifique!

 

Uh, YUM!

Oh, and did I mention that I made this at 9:30 in the morning in my adult footie pajamas?  Yeah, I know, I'm that cool.  Who says you can't eat alfredo for breakfast?  Not me...  

Be jealous

 Tell me what you think!  Also, any requests?

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! That's the stuff you made me! It was so Delicious!!! And by the way, I'm diggin' the PJ's. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holla! Love comments that say how good my food is! Ha ha. I know, I'm a beast in those things. P.S. You're too cool to follow?? ;)

      Delete